Doctor insights on:
What Are The Symptoms Of Torch Syndrome
Multitude: Torch stands for several infections: toxoplasmosis, other (syphilis), rubella, cytomegalovirus, and herpes virus. These can affect the fetus so the baby is born with a congenital infection. To read more go to this link: http://www.Childrenshospital.Org/az/site2044/mainpages2044p1.Html. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Multiple: The original torch complex described clinically similar congenital infections caused by toxoplasma gondii, rubella virus, cytomegalovirus, herpes simplex virus, types 1& 2, syphilis.Skin manifestations: rush, jaundice, vesicles, oral ulcers, or conjunctivitis; brain calcification, chorioretinitis, retinopathy, microcephaly; deafness, congenital heart disease, intrauterine growth retardation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Non-infectious : Intracranial calcification and microcephaly, which represent the main clinical features of the torch-syndrome, can also be determined by a rare autosomal recessive infection-like condition named pseudo-torch syndrome. This emerging entity has been registered in eight families so far. It also called: baraitser-reardon syndrome. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
TORCH test: TORCH is a panel of laboratory studies that test for infections in the first part of the pregnancy. It is used to screen infants for infections such as toxoplasmosis, cytomegalovirus, herpes simplex, syphilis and others. These infections may lead to birth defects, growth delay, and brain and nervous system problems in the baby. ...Read more
A placenta infection: Torch is an infection of the placenta that can cause fetal death or fetal growth retardation. It stands for toxoplasmosis, rubella, cytomegalovirus and herpes simplex type 2. Toxoplasmosis is a parasite infection, all the others are infections caused by viruses. Evidence of a torch infection may be looked for in a mother who has a miscarriage or delivers a baby who is small for gestational age. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the causes and symptoms of down syndrome?
- What are the common causes and symptoms of cyclic vomiting syndrome?
- What are the symptoms of downs syndrome in babies?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the core symptoms of painful bladder syndrome?
- What are the most common symptoms of pallister killian syndrome?
- What are the symptoms of leaky gut syndrome?
- What are the key symptoms of immotile cilia syndrome?
- Talk to a pediatrician online