Doctor insights on:
What Are The Symptoms Of Strep Throat In Children
Occasional not comon: Certain strains of the untreated strep germ can trigger formation of cross reactive antibodies.Their primary target would be the strep germ, but for unknown reasons they attack some of the kidney tissue as if it were strep.Damage to the tissue produces glomerulonephritis. ...Read more
Hard to say: I wouldn't think about a "look" of strep in the throat. It can be hard to predict sometimes by looking. Instead, if a child has a sore throat with a fever in the absence of cold symptoms like cough and runny nose, they should be checked for strep. Whether or not they have tonsils, they can also have headache, abdominal pain, vomiting and/or rashes. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Natural response: Infectious agents stimulate the body's immune response to literally purge the body of the illness and purging responses include vomiting, diarrhea, coughing, runny nose, sweating, and fever. Vomiting is a normal reaction to both kinds of infection. Plus infections affect the whole body not just one area.....While one area may have the most symptoms. ...Read more
My 4 year old has strep throat and has been on amoxicillin for 6 days. Today she has a very sniffly nose, is it safe to give her children's Benadryl?
About 7 days: Usually lasts about a week.Get a more detailed answer ›
What exactly does it mean if someone has all the symptoms of strep throat but they don't have it?
Viral/mono: Perhaps the major cause of throat related symptoms are related to upper respiratory viruses from several families.One of the best known is the eb virus that causes most mono cases. Other rhino, adeno and respiratory viruses are significant causes. If you don't have strep, comfort measures are your main form of treatment along with proper hydration. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the symptoms of strep throat in adults?
- What are the symptoms of tonsillitis in children?
- What are the symptoms of scarlet fever in children?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the symptoms of low potassium levels in children?
- What are the symptoms of schizophrenia in children?
- What are the signs of strep throat in adults?
- What are the symptoms of gonorrhea in the throat?
- Talk to a pediatrician online