Doctor insights on:
What Are The Symptoms Of Rubbing Alcohol Overdose
Sx's of isopropanol O/D: abdominal pain, corneal damage, coma, dizziness, headache, low body temp, low blood pressure, hypoglycemia, nausea, vomiting,
tachycardia, uncoordinated movements,
unconsciousness & problems with urination. REF: https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/002660.htm ...Read more
No: Best to see your otolaryngologist.Get a more detailed answer ›
Sore on leg. Tender to touch. Similar to ingrown hair. Blood/clear discharge when cleaned. Cleaned with rubbing alcohol. Feels warm.No other symptoms.
Infection: could be infection such as a folliculitis or early staph infection. clean with soap and water and apply topical antibiotic ointment 2-3 times per day. apply heat to it for 10-15 minutes at a time once or twice an hour (more if you can) to help it drain. If it is red and hot and bulging it could be an early access. If it enlarges see a doctor to have it drained. ...Read more
Toxic: Rubbing alcohol is used to disinfect, to bring down fever and to soothe skin and it is made of 70 percent isopropyl alcohol (ipa) in water. The ingredient used isopropyl is very toxic and has a high effect on the central nervous system. It causes alcohol poisoning which leads to vomiting, confusion and slow breath. In large quantities it can cause death. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Multiple treatments: Consider hibiclens (a surgical scrub) or hydrogen peroxide as alternatives. Ask your physician for more details and if it's infected you may need to have it removed or to take antibiotics. ...Read more
Hello. I am concerned about my boyfriend. Last night he ingested some NyQuil that he believes his friend put rubbing alcohol in. What do I do. ?
Not really: Botulism is caused by a toxin produced by a particular germ clostridium botulinum, most commonly found in canned foods that have gone bad (often the can fills with gas and expands). Since the illness is produced by a toxin that has already been made, killing the germ, whether with alcohol, bleaches or whatever does not reduce the toxin already made. Avoiding food from damaged cans is key. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Pre-Cum: Pre-cum is semen. It houses fresh sperm. Are you asking if rubbing alcohol can or should kill sperm? If one has precum on their penis one can wash this with soap and water. I would not recommend putting rubbing alcohol on the penis skin. If you meant something else please ask again. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor online
- Rubbing alcohol overdose
- Rubbing alcohol poisoning symptoms
- What is rubbing alcohol used for?
- What's in rubbing alcohol
- What toxic chemicals are in rubbing alcohol?
- What are the dangers of smelling rubbing alcohol?
- Do doctors see a lot of patients with rubbing alcohol overdose?
- Can i die from rubbing alcohol overdose if i ignore it?
- Symptoms of drinking rubbing alcohol