Doctor insights on:
What Are The Symptoms Of Methadone Detox I Should Be Looking For
None if Lucky: Not sure what you mean by detox, but if you mean opioid maintenance, the symptoms should be minimal.If you mean detox as in completely gradually getting off any opioids such as heroin, oxycondone, morphine, or hydrocodone, symptoms could be severe anxiety, heart racing, sweating, tearing of the eyes, runny nose, abdominal cramps and diarrhea. Getting off Methadone can take quite a while, . ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Disuss with others: Addiction is a lifelong process, whether on a substance or not it is always there, its what you do with that that matters. Suboxone is an amazing tool for opiate addicts, relapse rates for opiate addicts is high. I have seem amazing trasformation with people on suboxone, I have also seen amazing trasformation on people who have gotten off. Not an answer to make on your own, but it is your recovery. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
P, S and C: You need a plan, support and committment. If you dio this alone, you are alone.Find out what your options are. If you are on methadone, it's for pain or addiction maintenence.If it's addiction, work with your clinic. They want you off. If it's pain, then ask your doc to work with you. If you are on street methadone, you need one of the above. If you are a loner, taper down and good luck. ...Read more
Depends: For psychologically and medically stable patients on low dose opioids i generally try a slow outpatient taper. Sometimes its helpful to use a blinded cocktail. This means a mg amount of medication only known by your doctor is in the solution and md titrates based on symptoms. For high dose meds, sick patients, or psych unstable patients inpatient detox is warranted. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I've been on methadone maintence for 15 years.how fast can I detox safely and what will help withdrawals?
Methadone: The best and safest way is to do a gradual dose reduction every 2 weeks (although you will read and see shorter times like 3-4 days). This can continue until the dose is so low that it can be discontinued. ...Read more
Detox: Well if this is day one the treatmnet should have started in the doctors office and you should have taken a dose that appeared to work. It may not be the correct dose so there may still be some craving. I am not sure why you got both suboxone and Methadone - it should be one or the other. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the symptoms of basilar skull fracture i should be looking for?
- What are the symptoms of detached retina i should be looking for?
- What are the symptoms of brain aneurysm i should be looking for?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the symptoms of carcinoid tumors i should be looking for?
- What are the symptoms of conjunctivitis i should be looking for?
- What are the warning signs i should look for during the last weeks of pregnancy?
- What are the symptoms of depression when should drugs be used for treatment?
- Talk to a pain management specialist online for free