Doctor insights on:
What Are The Symptoms Of Gum Disease
Multiple symptoms: The symptoms can include bleeding, recession, sensitivity, loose teeth, drifting of teeth, bite changes, grinding habits, bad taste, and bad breath. It is also possible to be asymptomatic, that is no symptoms at all. Gum disease can be silent like blood pressure. A qualified, experienced dentist or periodontist can diagnose you. Http//:www.drgums.com. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Bacteria in the mouth living in a thin film is called plaque. Plaque that is not removed through brushing can harden and form “tartar”, a hard mineral shell, that brushing can’t remove. Only a professional cleaning by a dentist or hygienist can remove tartar. When plaque builds on the tartar surface, it irritates and erodes healthy gum tissue. This early stage of gum ...Read more
Gum Disease: Bleeding most common.Get a more detailed answer ›
Yes, anyone can.: If you have teeth, you have the potential to develop gum disease. Various factors influence the risks of gum disease including oral microflora, diet, and oral hygiene. This is why it is important to practice consistent home care and get regular check ups every 6 months by a dentist. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Complicates diabetes: There has been strong research connecting gum disease with diabetic control and complications. A recent study just reported over all medical costs are higher for people with gum disease. Heart disease and pregnancy health seem to have an association but no direct cause has been proven from gum disease. There has been a long list of conditions shown to be associated w no proven causative link. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the symptoms of rotting gum disease?
- What are the main symptoms of gum disease?
- What are the most common symptoms of autoimmune disease?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the symptoms of hand foot and mouth disease?
- What are the benefits of cranberry juice on gum disease?
- What are the beginning symptoms of lymes disease?
- What are the most common symptoms of chronic liver disease?
- Talk to a dentist online for free