Doctor insights on:
What Are The Symptoms Of Cerebrovascular Disease
Cerebrovascular: Mra's, carotid dopplers, and carotid computed tomographic angiograms provide the structural backdrop for assessing the cerbrovasculature. ...Read more
Not sure.: Where did you read about the '5 a's intervention for cerebrovascular disease?' are you talking about the 5 a's regarding smoking cessation? ...Read more
Often does: Many risk factors for vascular disease (stroke, heart attack, peripheralvascualr disease) like hypertension, diabetes, and high cholesterol tend to run in families, and there are some fairly rare genetic syndromes (eg. Cadasil) that cause strokes in particular. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Affects whole brain: Strictly speaking, diffuse cerebrovascular(cv) disease refers to an entity that affects all of the vessels throughout the brain.That is both the large and small vessels. Many times the diffuse cv disease is inferred by the clinical findings or MRI findings-ie. Signs of stroke/ischemia in multiple areas throughout the brain. Diffuse processes like diabetes or lupus are examples that can lead to this. ...Read more
Stroke: Cerebrovascular disease is a broad term, encompassing strokes because of blockage of major blood vessels of the brain, bleeding into the brain, and tiny strokes. Major strokes cause severe disability, and the complications of paralysis, swallowing problems, cognitive problems and blindness can lead to many lethal complications. ...Read more
Healthy living: Keep your blood pressure & cholesterol under control, regular exercise and a healthy diet. Also make sure to "exercise your mind" by doing things like reading, crossword puzzles, etc. An apple and a long walk a day, keeps the doctor away. To stay young, you have to live young. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the symptoms of rotting gum disease?
- What are the most common symptoms of autoimmune disease?
- What are the symptoms of the marasmus disease?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the beginning symptoms of lymes disease?
- What are the most common symptoms of chronic liver disease?
- What are the signs and symptoms of graves disease?
- What are the common symptoms of slapped cheek disease?
- Talk to a neurologist online