Doctor insights on:
What Are The Symptoms Of A Strep Throat
Lucky vs unlucky: In some lucky ones ( probably the majority) the symptoms subside in 3-7 days and nothing bad happens at all. In some, the germ makes an erythrotoxin that produces a sunburn like rash that causes itching & skin pealing. In some, the body develops antibodies that can cause kidney damage & high blood pressure. In some, the antibodies attack the heart or brain producing rheumatic fever & long term pbs. ...Read more
Some people claim: They can tell by looking, but the only way is a culture. Since post strep, poorly or inadequately treated can lead to heart and kidney problems (rheumatoid heart disease glomerular nephritis), it's best to find out and treat appropriately. But using ab's if it is proven leads to resistant orgamisms and problems in your system. Culture! ...Read more
I don't know if i'm getting a cold or strep. What are some symptoms of strep throat in the early stages?
See below: Strep throats usually start with a sore throat and headache. This is followed by fever, pus or exudate on the throat or tonsils and enlarged lymph nodes at the angles of the jaw. A cold or viral URI usually doesn't cause fever, pus or enlarged painful lymph nodes. Its not easy for even an experienced doctor to always know the difference so when in doubt we check a rapid strep test. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the symptoms for strep throat?
- What are symptoms for strep throat?
- What are symptoms of strep throat in adults?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the symptoms of strep throat in children?
- What are the symptoms of strep throat in adults?
- Symptoms of a strep throat
- Early symptoms of strep throat
- Talk to a pediatrician online