Doctor insights on:
What Are The Symptoms Of A Sprained Finger
Depends: If the pain is severe/debilitating, or if there is gross instability of the finger, or if there is significant redness and/or swelling, then i would recommend seeing a doc. Other than that, you can certainly just try ice, elevation, ibupforen, and buddy taping (taping the finger to the one next to it, which provides stability). ...Read more
I am showing some symptoms of a sprained finger, how do I know if i need to go to the doctor for my finger?
Instability: If the joint is just sore and mildly swollen then no. If the joint is unstable and has pain with stressing of the joint, or is lacking range of motion then yes. ...Read more
I sprained my index finger on Saturday and on Sunday I Googled my symptoms and it comes up with a sprained finger, I brought a finger splint today, I can still move it, and the pain is subsiding a bit now. Just wondering how long should I keep it on?
Keep moving: The movement is definitely a good thing. You don't want to completely NOT move it for a week because that will cause unnecessary stiffness and likely cause the healing to be longer than it would normally. Typically somewhere between 5-7 days depending on how the finger is feeling. It's not an exact science. And just so you know, I can't see the last part of your question on here- sorry! Good luck! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
4-6 weeks: A very bad sprained finger can take up to 4-6 weeks to heal. If your finger still hurts a lot after 2 weeks, go see your doc to check for possible stress fracture. Each week you should feel better, be able to move your finger more. If your finger stops improving or gets worse, you should see your doc. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the typical symptoms of a sprained thumb?
- What are some of the symptoms of a broken or sprained ankle?
- What are some of the symptoms of a broken finger?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the symptoms of a unbalanced thyroid?
- What are the main symptoms of shock from breaking a bone or other major injury?
- What are the usual symptoms of a prostate cyst?
- What are the symptoms of a bulging disc in the neck?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free