Doctor insights on:
What Are The Symptoms Of A Peptic Ulcer
Stomach ulcer is also known as Peptic ulcer. Stomach ulcers, also called peptic ulcers, are erosions in the wall of the stomach that can result in bleeding or pain. They can be caused by ibuprofen and similar medicines called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), or by infection with a bacteria called H. pylori that ...Read more
What are the symptoms of a penetrating peptic ulcer? Will I have to go to the hospital for relief?
Acid reducing meds: Also known as proton pump inhibitors like Omeprazole etc. Are recommended for the treatment of ulcers. Otc antacids may help with short term symptom relief but will not heal ulcers. If h. Pylori bacterium is present you will need antibiotics as well. Avoid any nsaids, or Aspirin and make sure you eat light avoiding heavy, spicy and acidic foods, including citrus, sodas, caffeine, alcohol & smoking. ...Read more
Peptic ulcer?: since you didn't specify the symptoms, it's not clear exactly what you're treating. If you're having upper digestive tract pain or burning, I would not use OTC Prilosec for longer than two weeks. If your pain persists after two weeks of the medication, see your doctor. Good luck. ...Read more
They can overlap.: Some symptoms of gastritis and gastric ulcer can be the same - abdominal pain and discomfort. Some times an ulcer can cause more severe pain and if it is causing bleeding people will have black bowel movements or "melena " as a result. Sometimes an evaluation by a physician with lab work and possibly EGD (scope to look in stomach to visualize esophagus and stomach lining) is the only way to tell ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the symptoms of a duodenal ulcer?
- What are recommended tests that can determine the cause of a peptic ulcer?
- What are the signs and symptoms of a stomach ulcer?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the signs and symptoms of peptic ulcers?
- What are the main symptoms of a failed tubal ligation?
- What are the symptoms of a unbalanced thyroid?
- What are the main symptoms of shock from breaking a bone or other major injury?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online