Doctor insights on:
What Are The Symptoms Of A Duodenal Ulcer
Burning pain, nausea: Gnawing pain, discomfort that persists, nausea, general malaise....Pain may be in mid upper abdomen, but also could radiate toward the sides, and even thru to the back. If take simple over the counter antacids and it goes away, fine. But if it persists, and you have to keep taking them daily, not fine. Get thee to the doc. ...Read more
About the same: Regardless of size or location, if you really have an ulcer (found by x-ray or endoscopy) please seek doctor's advice. Even small ulcers can bleed (sometimes massively), perforate, obstruct stomach emptying. Sometimes, an ulcer can form in a cancer so to avoid this possibility it is important to make sure at least gastric ulcer actually heals. Relief of ulcer symptoms doesn't always mean healing. ...Read more
Possibly: See a gastroenterologist or your primary care doctor and have it evaluated. ...Read more
Are extreme bloating and a burning feeling in the center of your abdomen symptoms of a duodenal ulcer?
Duodenal Ulcers: The most common cause of duodenal ulcer is a stomach infection associated with the helicobacter pylori (h pylori) bacteria. Other risk factors for duodenal ulcers include overuse of alcohol, tobacco, and medications such as Aspirin and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (nsaids). Severe illness has also been implicated as a risk factor in the development of duodenal ulcer. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Ulcer: A duodenal ulcer is an ulcer located in the first part of the small intestine, right after the stomach. This can be caused by many things, most commonly from NSAID use (e.g. Advil, motrin, aspirin) and bacterial infections (e.g. Helicobacter pylori). These are treated by endoscopy and acid blocking medications. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the symptoms of a peptic ulcer?
- What are the signs and symptoms of a stomach ulcer?
- What are the main symptoms of a failed tubal ligation?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the main symptoms of shock from breaking a bone or other major injury?
- What are the usual symptoms of a prostate cyst?
- What are the symptoms of a bulging disc in the neck?
- What are the main symptoms of a bruised muscle?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online