Doctor insights on:
What Are The Symptoms If You Get A Broken Toe
Yes: If you broke the skin at the level of the fracture and the bone was exposed to air then infection is a possibility. The fracture needs to be thoroughly washed out and antibiotics may be necessary. If it just an abrasion or minor cut that doesnt comminicate to bone, then no treatment is necessary. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Rest: Depending on which toe is broken you may be able to splint it. You should have an xray to determine if it is in the right position. Sometimes buddy taping actually opens up a fracture site making it worse. Of course get off your feet and wear comfortable shoes. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
No impact: When you injure the foot, it can be hard to not want to work out. As a patient under someone's care for a broken toe, i would hesitate to advise you to exercise at this time. However, upper body workouts are ok, swimming is ok and so is pilates/yoga. Restrictions are those that directly affect the foot involved, and absolutely no impact exercises period. No treadmill or elliptical. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Splint it: Keep the toe splinted.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the chances of getting a cold sore as an adult if you never get them?
- What are some of the symptoms of a broken foot top by big toe?
- What are the symptoms of a broken toe?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What happens if you wait too long to get a broken hand looked at?
- What are the chances of getting emphysema if you have not smoked in 30 years?
- If i have a infection in my lungs what are the symptoms
- What are the main symptoms of a broken thumb?
- Talk to a orthopedic foot and ankle surgeon online for free