Doctor insights on:
What Are The Signs Of A Thyroid Problem
A range of symptoms: Thyroid hormone impacts the way we process energy in the body. If you have too much thyroid hormone, you feel "jumpy, " warm, & may have diarrhea. Too little thyroid can make you sluggish, cold all the time, and constipated. It can also make your skin dry. But there are other thyroid problems, too. An enlarged thyroid (gland in the neck) may signal low levels; a lump in the thyroid can be cancer! ...Read more
Nonspecific: The s+s of thyroid disease are nonspecific. Hypothyroidism typically causes fatigue, weight gain, feeling cold, constipation, heavy periods, sleepiness. Hyperthyroidism causes weight loss, anxiety, tremors, fast heart beating, feeling hot, frequent bms, light periods, muscle weakness. However, most people with any one or combination of these symptoms have no thyroid problem at all. Get tested. ...Read more
See full answer: Diabetes: increased thirst and urination with or without increased urination at night time. Bedwetting is also possible in children. If chronic and severe, may have nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain - more common in children -type 1 dm) thyroid: depends on whether thyroid is under active or overactive.Consider cehcking: american thyroid association website: http://www.Thyroid.Org/. ...Read more
Nothing if treated!: If treated appropriately, you do not have to have any long-term consequences from hyperthyroidism. If left untreated, the most serious concern is a heart problem like rapid or irregular heartbeat. Longstanding hyperthyroidism can cause osteoporosis (fragile bones) and fractures. If untreated, other issues can be psychiatric disease, weight loss, trouble sleeping, or eye disease. ...Read more
Both husband & wife is having hypo thyroidism. will that affect sexual life and is there a problem in wife getting conceived and giving birth?
Treat the disease: Not if they are appropriately treated.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the symptoms of a unbalanced thyroid?
- What are the signs of a tooth infection does it make a person cough up mucus?
- What are the signs of a growth spurt for teenagers?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What problem are unequal pupils a sign of?
- What are the early signs of pregnancy before a missed period?
- What are the signs of a broken ankle?
- What are the side effects of a thyroid medication overdose?
- What are the symptoms of a thyroid problem?