Doctor insights on:
What Are The Side Effects Of Treatment For Vulvar Cancer
Vulvar cancer: Vulvar dysplasia (precancer) can be treated by surgery (cutting it out or destroying it with a laser) or occasionally with medicine. Invasive vulvar cancer is most commonly treated with surgery (removal of lesion and lymph nodes). Rarely, chemotherapy or radiation is used also for advanced disease. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Read below: Staging is a way of describing a cancer, such as where it is located, if or where it has spread, and if it is affecting the functions of other organs in the body. Doctors use diagnostic tests to determine the cancer's stage, so staging may not be complete until all of the tests are finished. Knowing the stage helps the doctor to decide what kind of treatment is best and can help predict a patient'. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Squamous, Melanomas: Vulvar malignancies are more rare than some cancers and usually arise from skin (squamous cell) or pigment skin cells (malignant melanoma). The squamous carcinoma is commonly related to the human papilloma virus (hpv) #16. The hpv virus is usually transmitted by sexual contact. Treatment can include biopsy, sometimes surgical removal, freezing, lasar, other methods and evaluation for metastasis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How treatable is vulvar cancer? Is vulvar cancer one of those cancers that is extremely treatable?
Depends: The goal of treatment is to first save your life. However, beyond that, vulvar reconstruction is possible. Problems with dryness and stenosis (too tight of an opening) can be treated with great success. Be sure to discuss this when you are discussing your treatment options. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the side effects of the radiation therapy for eye cancer?
- What are the side effects of cortisone shots for mortons neuroma?
- What are the side effects of taking steroids for baby lungs?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the side effects of stopping adderal after taking it for years?
- What are the side effects of exablate treatment?
- What are the side effects of narcan iv for an overdose of demerol iv?
- What are the side effects of hcg injection for ovulation?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free