Doctor insights on:
What Are The Side Effects Associated With Protopic
How risky is protopic used around eyes area for eczema. Worried about the lymphoma risk listed in medication side effects.
No lymphoma risk: More recent studies fail to associate protopic with lymphoma. Tacrolimus orally in large doses permits organ transplants with some risks including lymphoma. FDA sometimes will err on the side of the most miniscule risks, otherwise known as CYA. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I use protopic(just dab)for skin issue on side of mouth. Is it harmful for my 5mnth old if when I cuddle him, he accidentaly comes in contact with it?
Protopic: Tacrolimus ointment is used to treat the symptoms of eczema (atopic dermatitis; a skin disease that causes the skin to be dry and itchy and to sometimes develop red, scaly rashes) in patients who cannot use other medications for their condition or whose eczema has not responded to another medication. Tacrolimus is in a class of medications called topical calcineurin inhibitors. It is effective. ...Read more
It can but it can: be very irritating at first. Your derm or doctor should have you mix it with a steroid cream for 1-2 weeks and then it can be used alone. It is not my first line of treatment for Perioral derm, but in recalcitrant cases it can help ...Read more
Yes: Protopic is an immunosuppressive topical medication which can increase the risk of developing skin cancer in sun exposed areas such as the face if used continuously for 2 years. It is recommended that you limit the use to only active flareups and take a break prior to reuse. For some conditions such as psoriasis, a maintenance dose of twice weekly applications are used. See a dermatologist. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the side effects of stacker 3 with chitosan?
- What side effects are associated with glycosuria?
- What side effects are associated with anti filariasis treatment?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the side effects of treatment with corticosteroids?
- What are the negative side effects of swallowing semen?
- What are the side effects of cortisone shots for mortons neuroma?
- What are the side effects of tuberculosis medicines such as rifampin and inh?
- Talk to a dermatologist online