Doctor insights on:
What Are The Risks Of Living With Cervical Cancer Without Getting Treatment
Cancer is a group of diseases that is characterized by uncontrolled cell growth leading to invasion of surrounding tissues that spread to other parts of the body. Cancer can begin anywhere in the body and is usually related to one or more genetic mutations that allow normal cells to become malignant by interfering with internal cellular control mechanisms, such as programmed cell death or by preventing ...Read more
Cervical cancer: This depends on your genes, your lifestyle, how many sexual partners you have had and whether or not you have unprotected sex. A vaccine is available that can give some woman protection against some vaccines implicated in causing cervical caner. Your rish rises dramatically if you are having frequent unprotected sex. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See below: Discuss the goals, risks and benefits of treatment. In the end, the patient has the final decision. ...Read more
Apart from cervical cancer can pap smear pick up herpes.....How do u get it. What is treatment for it......I am married.
Herpes: There are two types of herpes, type one (usually infected by family members in childhood and mostly in the peri-oral area) and type two (was known as 'genital' herpes and is found somewhere between the belly button and the thighs). There is no herpes test with the pap smear. One has to have a blood test to determine if one has been infected with herpes. ...Read more
How is cervical cancer treated? What are the common treatments for cervical cancer? Will I have to get a hysterectomy?
Depends on stage: Treatment for cervical cancer depends on the extent of the disease (stage). For earlier stages surgery alone can be used with some indications for radiation and or chemotherapy afterwards. In cases that are not early combined chemotherapy and radiation are typically used. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Survival cervical cancer without treatment
- What is cervical cancer and how can you decrease your risks of getting it?
- What are the chances of getting cervical cancer when hpv high risk positive?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the chances of getting ovarian and cervical cancer?
- High risk hpv cervical cancer
- Survival cervical cancer without hysterectomy
- What are the risks of living close to a high voltage line?
- Talk to a oncologist online for free