Doctor insights on:
What Are The Risks Associated With Oral Sex And How Large Are They
None, but...: Strep throat is only mildly contagious, and once you've been diagnosed and hopefully treatment has begun, risk of transmission is minimal. Be sure you do get it treated, as there's a danger to the kidneys later and even more serious to the heart. Rheumatic fever is a devastating disease preventable by treating strep throat. ...Read more
My partner gave me oral sex without protection on me..what are the risks? Also when we had sex the condom unrolled a little, much risk to this? Thanks
Very low risk if...: If both partners have been wisely selective in choosing partners, and thus have no history of having multiple partners in their pasts, then there is very little additional risk to having oral sex. If there are unknown illnesses, such as syphilis or herpes, which can pass germs without obvious symptoms, one can become infected. Same is true for poop germs (parasites, Salmonella, E. coli, etc...). ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What health risks are associated with obesity?
- What are the risks associated with a subchorionic hematoma?
- What oral sex can cause throat cancer?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the risk associated with using cocaine in early pregnancy?
- What are the pregnancy risks associated with being an older mom?
- What are the risks associated with eating unsafe foods in pregnancy?
- What are the risks associated with getting postural hypotension in the eye?
- What are the risks associated with amniocentesis?