Doctor insights on:
What Are The Risks Associated With Oral Sex And How Large Are They
None, but...: Strep throat is only mildly contagious, and once you've been diagnosed and hopefully treatment has begun, risk of transmission is minimal. Be sure you do get it treated, as there's a danger to the kidneys later and even more serious to the heart. Rheumatic fever is a devastating disease preventable by treating strep throat. ...Read more
My partner gave me oral sex without protection on me..what are the risks? Also when we had sex the condom unrolled a little, much risk to this? Thanks
Very low risk if...: If both partners have been wisely selective in choosing partners, and thus have no history of having multiple partners in their pasts, then there is very little additional risk to having oral sex. If there are unknown illnesses, such as syphilis or herpes, which can pass germs without obvious symptoms, one can become infected. Same is true for poop germs (parasites, Salmonella, E. coli, etc...). ...Read more
I received oral sex from a girl tonight unprotected for about 35 minutes. She has non cancerous HPV. What are the risks? High? Low? Negligible?
How do you know: that her HPV is non-cancerous? HPV can be transmitted through oral sex. See this site for more info. http://www.cdc.gov/std/hpv/STDFact-HPVandOropharyngealCancer.htm For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, low fat milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are sphincters and how are they related to the stomach?
- High altitudes and pregnancy
- What are the early signs of pregnancy and how early do they occur?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the risks associated with getting postural hypotension in the eye?
- What are the risks associated with eating unsafe foods in pregnancy?
- What are the health risks associated with excessive exercise by a preteen girl?
- What are the different types of emergency contraception and how do they work?
- What are the risks associated with a subchorionic hematoma?