Doctor insights on:
What Are The Risks And Dangers Of Epidural Steroid Injection In The Back
Generally safe: These are generally extremely safe. All of the risks are very rare and are as follows: infection, bleeding, allergic reaction(less than 1 in 80, 000), spinal cord injury or permanent severe nerve damage (less than 1 in 2 million). The most common risk is failure to improve pain and spinal headache (less than 1 in 200). ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Steroid type medication done under a local anesthesia with or without IV sedation in a sterile setting either with or without fliuroscopic or x-ray guidance into space below the lamina but above the dura or lining of the nerve tissue of the spine with the needle passing through natural openings between the lamina given for pain relief due to inflammation from a disc ...Read more
I got an left lumbar epidural steroid injection in my back yesterday and today the injection site has become itchy and painful. ?
Inform the doctor: who performed it, right away. Early detection prevents complication. ...Read more
If I have an epidural steroid injection for bad back/leg pain & enter a race will it show as an illegal drug?
Was given 1 epidural steroid injection. Now my muscles are hard/rigid they burn prematurely on exertion & uncharacteristic fat on upper/lower back?
Varies: When done in the right hands, by certified doctors, and epidural injection should not pose undue danger. Working with the neck is somewhat more complex than the low back. Of course anytime you "stick" a needle in anyone anywhere there are risks. The main one always being infection. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
After a recent epidural steroid injection, i developed a really flushed and swollen face. Is this dangerous? Or is it a commonplace thing?
The epidural space is an anatomical space just outside the fluid filled sac that contains the spinal cord and brain. Anesthesiologists and pain physicians are skilled at placing needles or catheters (tubes) into this space in the spinal canal to administer medications. These medicines can treat the pain of surgery or labor. These medicines can also be used to treat chronic ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the common risks of epidural steroid injections?
- What are the causes of pain in the back and down the leg?
- What are the signs and symptoms of a pinched nerve in the back?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the functions of fiber and lipids in the body?
- What causes pain in the middle of your stomach and the middle of your back?
- What are the differences between aerobic and anaerobic exercise in terms of efficiency on metabolism?
- What does it mean if i have pain in the left part of my back where my ribs are?
- Talk to a neurologist online