Doctor insights on:
What Are The Risk Factors Or Side Effects Of The Gamma Knife Surgery
Variable: Overall side effect profile is better than conventional radiation. Common side effects include- local pain, scalp swelling, headaches, discomfort from stablizing pin insertion. Other less common side effects include nausea, vomitting, skin rash, some hair loss, brain swelling or necrosis in the treated area. Seizure risk and hearing or visual changes are rare. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
?: http://www.mayoclinic.org/stereotactic-radiosurgery/?wt.srch=1&wt.mc_id=google&keyword=minnesota_gamma_knife_gamma_knife_surgery&campaign=mcr_neurosurgery&state=minnesota&kw=gamma%20knife%20surgery&ad=1600548238&network=search&sitetarget=&gclid=cprg-dmor7ycfcdamgod12easq.Get a more detailed answer ›
While I do not: Know and googled it, gk was developed in the 1950's. Requires a neurosurgeon and radiation oncologist to identify the target lesion, define the adjcacent tissue tolerances, and deliver a single very large dose, typically 16 - 24 gy, depending on size to the 50% isodose line. Google says the price is frequently 20 -30% less than in the us. Charges are in the range of $25 - 35 k in the usa. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Consult surgeon: Type of radiation treatment usually performed when tumor or other abnormality in the brain is too hard to reach with standard neurosurgery or person not healthy enough to undergo standard surgery or person prefers a less invasive treatmentbrain tumor. Radiosurgery useful in the management of small noncancerous (benign) and cancerous (malignant) brain tumors.Have to ask neurosurgeon advice. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the possible side effects of laser prostate surgery?
- What are the side effects of anesthesia after surgery?
- What are the side effects of surgery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the side effects of lasik eye surgery?
- What are the negative side effects of swallowing semen?
- What are the side effects of cortisone shots for mortons neuroma?
- What are the side effects of tuberculosis medicines such as rifampin and inh?
- What are the side effects of carotid artery surgery?