Doctor insights on:
What Are The Requirements For Lap Band Surgery
Not first option: See your doctor will refer you to weight loss centre near you , after work up first will try non operative medical measures ; treatments , if you really want to loose weight and work with them you will , if your fail then prepare you for right surgery for you. Best benefits are obtained by following the protocol of that institute ...Read more
Lap band: Slower weight loss, lower total weight loss, high failure rate, 20-30% lifetime re operation rate, it can cause reflux (the gastric bypass cures this), it can cause esophageal dysmotility, the band can slip/prolapse, the band can erode or cut into the stomach, the band can leak, the port can flip. It is however, the safest weight loss operation, and it is reversible. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Who cares?: The popularity of a procedure doesn't mean it's the right procedure for you. Your choice should be made by you and your bariatric surgeon based on many factors. So have a consult with a Bariatric Surgeon recommended by your PCP ...Read more
Lap band: That requires a long answer. Look at these sites. http://www.realize.com/adjustable-gastric-band-surgery-information.htm http://www.Lapband.Com/ http://www.Obesityhelp.Com www.Lapbandtalk.Com. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the down side of lap band surgery?
- What type of specialist handles lap band surgery?
- Lap band removal surgery
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Lap band or bypass surgery
- What is the clear liquid diet after lap band surgery?
- What happens if after lap band surgery bulimia returns?
- Types of gastric lap band surgery
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online