Doctor insights on:
What Are The Remedies For Psychomotor Agitation Resulting From Ssri Use
Several approaches: Just lowering the dose sometimes is enough to help; not infrequently, if needed, the dose can be raised again later without a return of the agitation. Adding a second mediction to reduce the agitation such as Ativan or Cogentin (benztropine) also can work. Or, switching to a different antidepressant may do the trick. The important thing: don't just accept the side effect but don't quit either. ...Read more
Restlessness: Psychomotor agitation, which is common in depression, mania, and schizophrenia, refers to difficulties "staying still, " either mentally, with thoughts bouncing around all over the place, or physically, with restlessness and a sense of constantly needing to be on the move. Unfortunately, some medications used to treat these disorders also can cause similar symptoms, so monitoring is essential. ...Read more
Unmotivated...spend most days grazing on food...occasionally feel restless...lacking motivation and interest in things...non-ssri medication options?
Major Depression: I feel empathy for your discomfort. You deserve relief and increased functioning. Your symptoms indicate Depression and Anxiety. Due to severity of symptoms and lack of response to Behavior Therapy, it will be beneficial to have Gestalt and Insight oriented Therapy and Medication. Discuss with Psychiatrist about Effexor, (venlafaxine) Wellbutrin and Serzone. Use Breathing and Music Relaxation, Yoga, Meditation. ...Read more
If someone has depression & restless leg syndrome due to renal failure, what type of antidepressant is best. Dopamine agonist, ssri, benzo, or combo.
What is the home remedy of maxolon side effect of restleness, took 1 tablet and feeling very restless?
Medication approach: The classical approach is to use Dopamine agonists, such as requip, mirapex, and Neupro (rotigotine) patch, but prior use of l-dopa, and Clonazepam have helped. However, some pts may have abnormalities in iron metabolism, and if so, treatment of this problem may suffice. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are some examples of psychomotor agitation?
- What does psychomotor agitation look like in a bipolar person?
- Which complications have resulted from the use of bioabsorbable bone screws
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the incidence of complications resulting from epidurals?
- What are the results i can expect from adipex?
- What are the results from using kinesis exercise machines?
- What are the treatments for corneal edema resulting from cataract surgery?
- Talk to a psychiatrist online for free