Doctor insights on:
What Are The Reasons For My Alkaline Phosphatase Level Becoming Low
Low alk phos (ALP): Deficiencies in vitamin b6, folic acid, vitamin c, phosphorus, zinc, and protein can lead to low alp as well as an excessive intake of vitamin d. Hypophosphatasia, a rare genetic disorder affecting bone development, can cause low alp. other conditions associated with low alp include cardiac surgery, hypothyroidism, and pernicious anemia. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No reason.: There are ranges of "normal" for each blood test done. These may be different from one lab to other, depending on the type testing done and reliability of lab. Also, if a specific test is very abnormal and doesn't make sense clinically to the doc, it's probably lab error: just repeat it. That being said, low levels on many tests are not a problem: alk phosphatase is one. 'fagetabatit'-:). ...Read more
Bone turnover: Alkaline phosphotase is an indirect measure of bone turnover. Bone remodels like any other living system and this shows how biologically active your skeletal system is. ...Read more
Needs evaluation: Alkaline phosphatase is produced by many tissues, including bone and the biliary system. A high alkaline phosphatase can be an indicator of bone disorders or liver/gall bladder/pancreatic diseases and should be evaluated. In some cases of mild elevation, no problem is found. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is a 194 alkaline phosphatase level something that should be investigated? I am a 47 yr Old female
Alkaline phosphate: Elevated alkaline phosphate can be a sign of hyperparathyroid. It is best to talk with your physician and see if this has been slowly elevating over the years along with your Calcium. It is also elevated in other skeletal diseases and liver diseases, but seems to be at higher levels in those diseases. ...Read more
Upper end of normal: The level is above the upper limit for normal but not by much. All lab results need to be interpreted in the clinical context and you should discuss it with your doctor and see this site for info. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003470.htm. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the reasons for pigmentation changes on the joints of my hand?
- What is the normal range for alkaline phosphatase levels?
- What are the causes of lower than normal alkaline phosphatase levels?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean when my iron saturation levels are low?
- What are other reasons other than heart attack for increased level of troponin?
- What are the normal potassium levels for an infant?
- What are the reason for weak positive pregnancy test?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free