Doctor insights on:
What Are The Pros And Cons Of A Continuous Blood Glucose Monitor
The blood sugar concentration or blood glucose level is the amount of glucose (sugar) present in the blood of a human or animal. The body naturally tightly regulates blood glucose levels as a part of metabolic homeostasis. Glucose is the primary source of energy for the body's cells, and blood lipids (in the form of fats and oils) are primarily ...Read more
Sorry, no: At this time, real time blood sugar monitoring requires capillary blood, which involves a needle prick. Some meters allow for use on palms an thighs, but the result is less accurate. Continuous glucose monitors can check bgs every 5 min to let your dr see 'the overall trend' over several days, but even then you still have to check finger stick 2-4 times daily to calibrate the monitor... ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
WILL A FLASHLIGHT: With low batteries help you see less? ...Read more
Checks blood sugar: A blood glucose monitor is used to check the concentration of blood sugar (glucose). This is helpful for people with diabetes, a disease in which high blood glucose causes damage to the body over time or, if the glucose is severely high or has risen very quickly, can be fatal rapidly if left untreated. A normal blood glucose before eating is under 100, diabetic is over 125. ...Read more
Yes: A meter can give you a false value, especially if it's old. If you get an unexpected result, it's a good idea to check it again before you act on it. You can check the accuracy of the meter by using the control solution that comes with it, or just check your blood through the meter right before getting your blood draw at the lab. ...Read more
Ok, went 2 dr 2day got a blood glucose monitoring system, ? Is what should be a normal level be?...Didn't get told told told that part?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the pros and cons of having a sling put in your bladder?
- What are the pros and cons of embryo transfer?
- What are the pros and cons of taking fertility drugs?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are some of the pros and cons of fertility treatments?
- What are the pros and cons of taking acidophilus?
- What are the causes of mucus and blood in a childs stool?
- What are the pros and cons of different types of endometrial ablations?
- What are the pros and cons of a breast lift?