Doctor insights on:
What Are The Pros And Cons Of A Breast Lift
Unlikely: Since the breast lift is cosmetic, it's not going to be covered by insurance. Even if a kindly surgeon donates his time, there's still charges for anesthesia, supplies and medications. You might try looking at some of the plastic surgery teaching programs, and see if there is a resident-run clinic for discount surgery. But, it's still unlikely to be totally free. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Breast reshaping: A breast lift doesn't merely lift the breast--it also shapes the breast and often incorporates the use of an implant to help provide not only additional volume but also structure to the breast. Overall, a breast lift generally lifts and shapes tissue, reduces the diameter of the areola, and restores a more youthful appearance to the breast. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Risks to consider: A breast lift typically involves removing some skin so there are scars that will be permanent. Most patients consider it a good trade-off and the scars fade but you need to accept those. Many plastic surgeons will not do breast lifts on smokers due to the higher chances of healing problems. Overweight patients are also more likely to experience surgical complications. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: Yes, breasts may change over time, especially if the patient experiences pregnancies and/or significant weight gain/loss. Additionally, factors such as genetics, loss of skin elasticity as well as ongoing time/gravity play roles. For these reasons, the “ideal” patient for breast lifting is one who has completed pregnancies and/or weight gain/loss and has achieved a long-term stable weight. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the pros and cons of taking dhea for a teenager?
- What are the pros and cons of having a sling put in your bladder?
- What are the pros and cons of a continuous blood glucose monitor?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the pros and cons of embryo transfer?
- What are the pros and cons of taking fertility drugs?
- What are the pros and cons of taking pre natle pills when your not pregnant?
- What are some of the pros and cons of fertility treatments?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free