Doctor insights on:
What Are The Options For Treating Adult Strabismus
Adult strabismus: The cause needs to be analyzed. Is this destabilization of childhood strabismus? Or is this doubling of vision due to trauma, nerve damage, vascular malformation or tumor in the brain? You need to have a neuro-ophthalmologist sort this out and then decide on correction of the cause, or optical correction or surgical options. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Depends: Your options depend on the character of the strabismus, meaning whether it is constant or intermittant and whether it affects one eye or both. You should be evaluated by an eye doctor who will test whether the eyes are capable of working together to fuse images. Depending on the results, the options could include surgical correction, eye exercises or special lenses. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Adult strabismus: Adult strabismus has multiple causes, including worsening of the natural eye alignment, trauma, brain tumors (rare), etc. If you are starting to have double vision, or if you are noticing trouble focusing, call your ophthalmologist for an appointment and have someone else drive you to the appointment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Surgery: Strabismus is a misalignment of the eyes. Many date from childhood and are accompanied by lowered vision in one eye (amblyopia). Adults get misalignment when measures to correct childhood strabismus wear off or get disturbed, or from new events such as trauma, vascular events and some systemic diseases. Your ophthalmolgist can advise you about which can be surgically corrected. ...Read more
See doctor: see an opthomologistGet a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are all of the options for treating strabismus after the teen years?
- Gall bladder stones 8mm what are the options for me
- What are the treatment options for thoracolumbar scoliosis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the future treatment options for obesity?
- What are the treatment options for bladder prolapse?
- What are the treatment options for loose teeth due to gum disease?
- What are the otc options for the treatment of rosacea?
- Talk to a pediatrician online