Doctor insights on:
What Are The Odds Of Two Different Colored Eyes
Very low chance: While there are no statistics, the chance of a person's two eyes being different colors (heterochromia) is extremely low. More commonly, some people are born with a segment of one iris being a different color from the rest. Also, certain diseases can either increase the brown color (nevus, melanoma) while others can lighten the eye (certain inflammations and glaucomas). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Very rare: In humans it is considered a rare occurrence. It is estimated at 0.006% odds. Or roughly 6 in 1000 people. That makes it roughly around 250, 000 people in usa. ...Read more
Eye color: This may be congenital resulting from either horners syndrome or it could be a specific eye problem causing loss of pigment or atrophy of the iris of one eye. If it is aquired then it can be due to iris damage either from inflammation, trauma or surgery. The condition is called heterochromia. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Heterochromia iridium (two different colored eyes) question - what are the most common combinations?
Not usually: If both eyes are healthy, and the neural connections are intact, both eyes should react similarly to light. A standard test in the ophthalmology clinic involves exposing each eye to a bright light to examine the pupil response. If one pupil does not react properly, that could indicate a problem. If you are noticing differences between your eyes, you should see an ophthalmologist. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean when the bottom of your eyes are yellow?
- What are the odds of contracting hiv from receptive oral sex performed on a man?
- What are the odds of getting breast cancer twice?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Treatment for dry, itchy corners of the eyes
- What are the causes of sunken eyes with dark circles?
- What are the different parts of a defibrillator?
- What are the benefits of aloe vera gel around the eyes?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free