Doctor insights on:
What Are The Odds Of Squamous Cell Cancer On Your Face Spreading To Lymph Nodes
How long can squamous cell cancer of the lower eyelid go untreated before it spreads to lymph glands or the eye itself ?
Very high: Neglected sqamous cell skin cancer is a very lethal lesion. It rapidly penetrates to deeper layers of skin , spread to regional lymph nodes. Early detection and wide excision will assure cure if you see a non healing ulcer seek the help of your physician for early diagnosis and cure. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
What is the prognosis and survival rate for squamous cell carcinoma in the jawbone with only a couple of small lymph nodes involved?
Mandibular SCC: Head/ neck carcinomas including mandibular (jaw bone) squamous cell are staged according to size and lymph node involvement. This staging is the most important factor in survival and prognosis. Prognosis is improved with adequate surgery (complete removal with negative margins) and lymph node dissection. Radiation is possibly used to improve local recurrence rates. See a head and neck surgeon. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Hard to answer: We don't refer to squamous cell carcinoma as ever being "end stage, " so it's hard to answer this question. Also, squamous cell cancer can arise from the skin of the face, or from the inside (mouth, sinuses) and extend out to the face. Please talk to your doctor for clarification. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the odds of a squamous cell skin cancer spreading to lymph nodes?
- How fast does squamous cell cancer spread to lymph nodes?
- What does it mean when the lymph nodes on right side of neck are swollen?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Symptoms of lymph node cancer
- What are the signs of skin cancer on the face?
- What organs are on the left side of your back?
- What organs are on the right side of your abdomen?
- Talk to a dermatologist online