Doctor insights on:
What Are The Odds Of Getting Breast Cancer Twice
The breast is both a male and female organ. However its main function is in the delivery of milk to the newborn. Breast cancer occurs 95% of the time in women and 5% of the time in men. It is treated the same regardless of which sex it appears in. It comes in two forms invasive and non-invasive; distinction is important as ...Read more
Grandmother had breast cancer lived she didn't get young what are the odds of me getting breast cancer?Is it passed on by family?I don't smokeordrink
Why do you ask?: A close relative with early breast cancer may prompt a genetic study. Otherwise, stop second-guessing your odds. This isn't productive. Report any dominant breast mass to your physician without delay, and comply with your physician's other recommendations on screening. Best wishes. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Variable: 5-year breast cancer survival rates are dependent upon the cancer stage, varying from almost 100% for DCIS (stage 0) to less than 20% for metastatic disease (stage 4). Furthermore, cancer survival is dependent upon the response to chemotherapy. Of note, breast cancer survival has increased over the past decade in the US. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Good: Whatever your age, the odds of surviving breast cancer overall are good! the majority of women survive breast cancer. What matters more than your age is your type of breast cancer, and the stage at diagnosis. If you have stage i cancer, your odds of dying from breast cancer are very low. It's more likely you will die from something else. But please ask your doctor this question! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not high: The median age of breast cancer in female in us is about 67 years. That means the further you are away from the median the lesser is the chance. But it's still a possibility. I would not recommend routine mammogram in this age group. Just use common sense and if one finds a lump that's new, then medical attention should be sought. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the odds of a 97 year old having breast cancer?
- What are the odds of a man getting prostate cancer colon cancer?
- What are the chances of getting cancer on humira?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the chances of getting pancreatic cancer if my great grandpa had it?
- What are the odds of us getting bronchitis if someone in the family is having it?
- What are the odds of a squamous cell skin cancer spreading to lymph nodes?
- What are the symptoms of breast cancer besides a lump?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free