Doctor insights on:
What Are The Odds Of A False Negative Uring Pregnancy Test
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
Pregnancy: Your question is confusing. If you know you are 7 weeks pregnant, why test again? If you've missed your period but have not had a + pregnancy test, then i cannot tell you what the odds of the test being negative (clear blue digital). Home pregnancy tests are usually pretty accurate, so if it is repeatedly negative, chances are you are not pregnant. ...Read more
Pregnancy Tests: Pregnancy tests are designed to look for the presence of beta-hcg which is a hormone produced by a conceptus and acts to maintain a pregnancy. The level rises very quickly after conception and can be detected as early as 1 week after conception and almost always by 2 weeks after conception. False negatives occur during this 2 week period. Breastfeeding does not impact this hormone. ...Read more
I'm two and a half weeks late and pregnancy test are saying negative. I would be 5 and a half weeks. Could it be to soon and just be false negative?
Depends: Almost all comercial preg tests report efficacy close to 99%. Trick is however, that depends on when they are done. There is a higher false negative rate if performed before the time os the missed cycle. Most-if not all- pregnancy tests should be positive by one week after a missed cycle. Always check the boxes. They state their "sensivitiy" level. ...Read more
See below: The test is past its expiration date; you took the test the wrong way; you tested too soon; your urine is too diluted because you consumed large amounts of fluid right before the test; you are taking certain medications, such as diuretics or antihistaminics. If you are still concerned you may see your doctor for a blood test. http://www.webmd.com/baby/guide/pregnancy-tests. ...Read more
Yes: If you test too early that can occur. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can the doctors office pregnancy test give a false negative?
- What are the odds of contracting hiv from receptive oral sex performed on a man?
- What are the chances of having a second chemical pregnancy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the chances of having an ectopic pregnancy after a tubal ligation?
- What are the odds of a squamous cell skin cancer spreading to lymph nodes?
- What are the early signs of pregnancy before a missed period?
- What are the causes of false negative results in stool blood testing?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online