Doctor insights on:
What Are The Odds I Have Oral Or Throat Cancer
Obviously Not enough: This topic should be covered as part of sexual education for teenagers. I am treating now a very young patient with hpv+ tonsillar cancer. The incidence of hpv+ head and neck cancer continues to increase and this is not something that can be underestimated. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
The throat is a complicated area and is divided into several different areas including the vocal cords, the larynx, the glottis and supra-glottic areas. The cancers in these areas are usually of the squamous cell variety. The distinctions are important as they help to determine the ...Read more
My throat has been dry and a bit sore for 2 weeks. Slight blood in the mornings. It started after unprotected, rough oral sex. I'm worried I might have caught an std/throat cancer? It's dry/bit sore.
Get tested: If you have had unprotected oral sex, then there is a real possibility of a STD. You should definitely be tested. Don't worry about throat cancer which is extremely unlikely in a woman your age. It is most likely related to the sex, but even very rough oral sex should not cause soreness that lasts for 2 weeks. Get checked, get treatment if needed, feel safe, protect yourself in the future. ...Read more
28 yrs old smoked 1/2 to 1 pack a day for 13 yrs quit 5 months ago what is the likelyhood of me developing lung, oral, or throat cancer etc?
Low: I'm very glad you stopped. With fewer than ten pack years, your risk for lung, mouth and throat cancer is well above that of your never-smoking peers, but is still relatively low. Just make sure you never resume this habit, and go through life as if you expect to be healthy and happy -- guessing odds does no good. ...Read more
In a word... yes: Oral sex can lead to throat cancer, does this by infection with HPV (Human papillomavirus). There are only a couple of strains that do this, however, and it is fairly rare. Best way to protect against it is not to have oral sex with multiple partners - this increases your risk of coming into contact with the "right" strain and causing throat cancer. Good luck! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the odds of a 97 year old having breast cancer?
- I have a lump in the back of my throat on the left side what could it be
- I feel like i have a small lump on the back of my throat infection or worse
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the odds of getting breast cancer twice?
- What does it mean if i have pain in the left part of my back where my ribs are?
- What are the ways to tell if i might have been drugged and raped?
- What are the warning signs i should look for if i have a copper iud?
- Talk to a oncologist online for free