Doctor insights on:
What Are The Names Of Coronary Arteries In The Heart
Arteries are a type of blood vessels. We can divide blood vessels into 2 categories. Arteries are high pressure vessels which deliver (red) oxygen + blood out into the body. Veins on the other hand or low pressure vessels which return (dark) oxygent - blood from the body ...Read more
See below: Lad ("left anterior descending" artery)--affects anterior (front) wall of the left ventricle, and apex (the tip). Circumflex artery--affects the lateral wall of left ventricle, and usually part of the posterior (back). Right coronary artery--affects inferior (bottom) wall of left ventricle and all of the right ventricle (if occluded proximally enough in its course). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
"left" and "right" coronary arteries i just hade a heart cath it look clear just left one is thinner than the other is that normal ?
By decreasing oxygen: The heart muscle depends on oxygen supplied by the coronary arteries to effectively function. When the artery is narrowed it can decrease the supply of oxygen and decrease the force of the muscle contraction. The stroke volume is a measure of how much blood the heart forces out with each beat. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the treatments for coronary artery disease to improve the quality of life in the long term?
- What are the implications of being in your target heart rate zone while exercising?
- What is the name of a condition in which all four extremities are paralyzed?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the dangers of working out too high in heart rate zone?
- What are some of the treatments available for coronary artery blockage?
- What are the causes of asystole in a healthy heart?
- What are the advantages and limitations of coronary artery bypass surgery?
- Talk to a cardiologist online