Doctor insights on:
What Are The Most Powerful Antibiotics For Lung Infections
Depends.: Antibiotics not graded according to power. Akin to asking which wrench is best. Answer is the one that fits. Antibiotics are chosen and tailored to specific infections. Hundreds of different organisms can infect the lung. Antibiotics are chosen depending upon best guess of infecting organism until culture data or clinical condition causes a change to a more "powerful", i, e, appropriate antibiotic. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Deoxygenated blood enters the lungs from the right side of the heart and travels to the lungs. When you inspire, oxygen flows into the lungs, transverses the capilliares and attaches to hemoglobin down a gradient. At the same time, co2 diffuses into the capilaries and is expelled with exhalation. Oxygen rich blood then flows to the left side of the heart and into the ...Read more
It is poison to lung: Various elements in cigarette smoke damage the cells which line the air passages and the alveolar cells in the lungs where oxygen is absorbed. It especially damages the hair cells which have little cilia which push mucus and the crud we breathe in out of the lungs, so our lungs cannot clean themselves out. It also kills immune cells which help produce antibodies and kill the germs we are breathing. ...Read more
Yes, indirectly: When people drink heavily, they will fall asleep, but if the sedation is severe enough, they will not be able to handle the secretions that build up in their mouths and may aspirate these, which is a cause of pneumonia. Alcohol also affects the immune system, and alcoholics get pneumonia sometimes with very strange germs, like klebsiella they also get more tuberculosis and mycobacterial infections. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the dangers of not taking your antibiotics for your sinus infection?
- What are the best antibiotics for a kidney infection?
- What are the treatments for alpha 1 strep lung infections?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Paronychia what is the antibiotic most often used for treatment
- What are the side effects of taking steroids for baby lungs?
- What is the best antibiotic for kidney infection?
- What are the most effective home remedies for congestive heart failure?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online