Doctor insights on:
What Are The Most Common Symptoms Of Tongue Cancer
Pain: Most common is pain. Specially when chewing and using the tongue. When pressing on it it's also painful. There can be bleeding, cracks or ulcers, even a bad odor. Sometimes there is just a thin white or red plaque that doesn't hurt or cause symptoms buy can't be scraped off or removed. It the cancer spreads to lymph nodes there may be lumps in the neck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Cancer is a group of diseases that is characterized by uncontrolled cell growth leading to invasion of surrounding tissues that spread to other parts of the body. Cancer can begin anywhere in the body and is usually related to one or more genetic mutations that allow normal cells to become malignant by interfering with internal cellular control mechanisms, such as programmed cell death or by preventing ...Read more
Tongue: Unfortunately, the cancer might be present and cause destruction silently. 60% of the lesions are painless and the rest become painful only when infected. If you smoke, you should be checked annually by an oral surgeon or ent. Any white, red, ulcer should be biopsied. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Tobacco, alcohol: The majority of people who get tongue cancer have a strong history of tobacco use (either smoking or chewing) and/or alcohol use. The combination of the two increases the risk even more. The best thing you can do to reduce your risk is to eliminate tobacco use and moderate your alcohol consumption. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the most common symptoms of stomach cancer?
- What are the most common symptoms of vulvar cancer?
- What are the most common symptoms of liver cancer?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Most common symptoms of ovarian cancer
- What is the most common cancer in teenagers?
- What is the most common type of cancer?
- What are the most common symptoms of pericarditis?
- Talk to a oncologist online for free