Doctor insights on:
What Are The Most Common Symptoms Of Tongue Cancer
Pain: Most common is pain. Specially when chewing and using the tongue. When pressing on it it's also painful. There can be bleeding, cracks or ulcers, even a bad odor. Sometimes there is just a thin white or red plaque that doesn't hurt or cause symptoms buy can't be scraped off or removed. It the cancer spreads to lymph nodes there may be lumps in the neck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Tongue: Unfortunately, the cancer might be present and cause destruction silently. 60% of the lesions are painless and the rest become painful only when infected. If you smoke, you should be checked annually by an oral surgeon or ent. Any white, red, ulcer should be biopsied. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Tobacco, alcohol: The majority of people who get tongue cancer have a strong history of tobacco use (either smoking or chewing) and/or alcohol use. The combination of the two increases the risk even more. The best thing you can do to reduce your risk is to eliminate tobacco use and moderate your alcohol consumption. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Examination: If you feel there is something abnormal with your tongue you need to be examined by an oral &maxillofacial surgeon or a dentist that feels comfortable doing a thorough head and neck examination. ...Read more
YES..: This is likely due to tobacco use (including smokeless), and alcohol use. If use is great, cancer can come early, or present by about 50 years of age. There are all kinds of mutations that occur in cells due to this and these cause cancer cells to develop. Oral cancers like this can present as non-healing, painful ulcers. Whatever you do, don't use tobacco or smoke if you don't want this. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the most common symptoms of esophageal cancer?
- What are the most common symptoms of liver cancer?
- What are the most common symptoms of vulvar cancer?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the most common symptoms of estrogen withdrawal?
- What are the most common symptoms of alcoholic ketoacidosis?
- What are the most common symptoms of scrotal hematoma?
- What are the most common symptoms of vertebral artery dissection?
- Talk to a oncologist online for free