Doctor insights on:
What Are The Most Common Symptoms Of Pericarditis
Irritation : The heart (cardium) exists in a sac (like a zip lock bag) called the pericardium. Irritation from viral or bacterial or TB infection, heart attack, rheumatic and other disease can cause irritation and pain of pericarditis. Hear a rub, may feel a rubbing sensation. Pain sometimes relieved by leaning forward. Must be very uncomfortable , . ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Chest pain, fatigue: The usual symptoms of pericarditis include sharp chest pain, fatigue, shortness of breath, and possibly exercise intolerance. If the process is acute, or sudden onset (often from an infectious etiology), you may also have signs of infection such as fever, headache, muscle aches/pains, etc. ...Read more
Chest pain: Pericarditis is inflammation of the sac surrounding the heart. The causes are multiple, including viral, bacterial, post heart attack, etc. The principal symptom is chest pain, which can change with position. Treatment is to clear the underlying problem and control the inflammation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have been diagnosed and treated of pericarditis for about 5 years now but still symptoms keep reoccurring severely. I need help. Am just 32yr old.
Colchicine/NSAIDs: Recurrent and relapsing pericarditis can be a rare complication of initial viral pericarditis or a by-product f uto immune connective tissue disease. When it recurs over years imaging (such as a ct/echo) might show signs of developing calcification that can one day lead to constrictive pericarditis. Steroid use wary in pericarditis trt can predispose to later relapses. Colchicine/nsaid's help. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Most common cause of pericarditis
- What are the most common symptoms of astrocytoma?
- What are the most common symptoms of stress?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the most common symptoms of discitis?
- What are the most common symptoms of lymphoma?
- What are the most common symptoms of fibroids?
- What are the most common symptoms of polyphagia?
- Talk to a pediatric cardiologist online for free