Doctor insights on:
What Are The Most Common Symptoms Of Orbital Cellulitis
Red, swollen & pain: Orbital cellulitis is infection around the eye socket. It most often comes from a bad sinus infection but can come from the skin as well. There usually is severe redness and swelling of the eyelids and pain as well. If the infection gets into the back part of the eye socket it can cause vision loss or double vision. This is a serious infection and must treated immediately. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Absolutely: Orbital cellulitis is a potentially life-threatening infection. It often starts as a sinus infection, that "tracks back" into the eye socket. Once in the orbit, the infection can continue into the brain. Treatment includes intravenous antibiotics and possible surgical intervention. The earlier it is caught and treated, the better the outcome. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Usually yes: Orbital cellulitis is a serious infection around the eye socket that causes severe redness, swelling and pain of the upper and lower eyelids. It is a serious infection that must be treated emergently and aggressively with antibiotics and sometimes surgical drainage. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Eye infection: Orbital cellulitis is an infection of the orbit posterior to the orbital septum. Usually from a sinus infection. It can cause limited eye movement, bulging eyes and even blindness. It needs to be traded aggressively with antibiotics and possible surgical drainage if an abscess is present. A lid abscess is a localized collection of pus in the eyelids anterior to the orbital septum. Not as serious. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the most common symptoms of estrogen withdrawal?
- What are the most common symptoms of alcoholic ketoacidosis?
- What are the most common symptoms of scrotal hematoma?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the most common symptoms of fecal impaction?
- What are the most common symptoms of erythrasma?
- What are the most common symptoms of balanitis?
- What are the most common symptoms of femoral artery aneurysm?
- Talk to a dermatologist online