Doctor insights on:
What Are The Most Common Symptoms Of Esophageal Spasm
Chest pain: It can feel like heartburn, but many people describe a pain that is similar to "angina" (which is just latin for strangling). An unpleasant squeezing or tightness in the chest. It's sometimes relieved by a belch, or antacids. Drugs like nitrates and calcium channel blockers are also effective, but not uniformly so. Sometimes antidepressants (yes, those!) work to reduce the spasms. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have esophagitis, gastritis, and esophageal spasm. I am taking Nexium (esomeprazole) 40mg 2x per day, symptoms of spasm had decreased, and now they're back, help?
See your GI Doc: You should see your gastro doctor for help with the spasms. Many causes of spasms that need to be evaluated. ...Read more
Chest pain/dysphagia: Chest pain and/or difficulty swallowing and/or pain while swallowing. If you have barrett's esophagus, you're at risk for esophageal cancer. If you haven't had endoscopy yet (i assume you have since you know this diagnosis), you should see a gastroenterologist if you haven't already. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Most common esophageal cancer
- What are the most common symptoms of pericarditis?
- What are the most common symptoms of astrocytoma?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the most common symptoms of dementia?
- What are the most common symptoms of discitis?
- What are the most common symptoms of lymphoma?
- What are the most common symptoms of fibroids?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online