Doctor insights on:
What Are The Most Common Symptoms Of Compression Neuropathies
Compression neuropathy is a condition in which a person has undesirable changes in a nerve due to pressure on the nerve. The "pins and needles" sensation one gets after sleeping on top of an arm is a mild, temporary nerve compression symptom. Carpal tunnel syndrome from compression of a nerve in the wrist is a ...Read more
Try a brace: The most common compression neuropathy is carpal tunnel syndrome. This is a pinched nerve in the wrist that causes numbness and tingling in her fingers. You can try wearing a wrist brace that you can buy over-the-counter in the pharmacy. Wear the brace at night when you sleep, this prevents the wrist from bending down this takes the pressure off the nerve relieving the symptoms. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Most Likely: The most common compression neuropathy is carpal tunnel syndrome. Compression neuropathies can be mild and no problem or can be severe leading to permanent tingling, numbness, and weakness. What area is the compression neuropathy? And how symptomatic is she? ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My pediatrician says my child may have compression neuropathies, but I don't understand. What does it mean?
My toe vein on my left foot hurting so bad. Is it possible to have compression neuropathies in your lower extremeties?
Small vs Large fiber: Nerves may be categorized into sensory, motor and autonomic nerves; neuropathy is "nerve pathology" of any or all these types. Sensory nerves can be categorized into small and large fiber: large fibers convey deep pressure, position and vibratory sensation, small fibers are responsible for pain, temperature and light touch sensation. That's a primer, please read more online. Good luck! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the most common symptoms of estrogen withdrawal?
- What are the most common symptoms of alcoholic ketoacidosis?
- What are the most common symptoms of scrotal hematoma?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the most common symptoms of fecal impaction?
- What are the most common symptoms of erythrasma?
- What are the most common symptoms of balanitis?
- What are the most common symptoms of femoral artery aneurysm?
- Talk to a hand surgeon online for free