Doctor insights on:
What Are The Most Common Causes Of Desmoid Tumors
FAP and pregnancy: The exact cause of desmoid tumors is unknown but they appear intrabdominally in about 20-30% of people who have a genetic condition called fap (familial adenomatous polyposis). Sporadically, they can occur in the abdominal wall or extremities during or following pregnancy or sometimes following trauma or surgery. These tumors rarely spread but can be locally aggressive causing pain or obstruction. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
That depends: Astrocytomas come in many flavors. They produce symptoms by local brain invasion and compression of adjacent structures as well as increased intracranial pressure. The clinical symptoms depend on the involved areas of the brain. Headache is the most common symptom. This does not mean that every headache is a brain tumor. Suggestive signs are nausea and vomiting or a change in headache pattern. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Steatrrhea: The following l conditions are some of the possible causes of steatorrhea. Fat malabsorption disorder Chronic pancreatitis Small bowel disorder Celiac disease Congenital insufficiency of pancreatic lipase HIV infection Sprue Cystic fibrosis Lactose intolerance Malabsorption of fats in sm ...Read more
Mesodermal in origin: The most common tumor that is benign and virtually remains benign is the lipoma. These increase in number with age. Fibromas are similarly benign and remain as such though in going up the fibrous ladder, the fibromatosis are always benign such as plantar fibromatosis and dermatofibromas. Neuromas of peripheral nerves are also common and remain benign. ...Read more
Depends: The most common symptom would be no symptoms at all. Metastatic melanoma is often picked up on imaging. Symptoms can occur depending on the location of the lesions. Neurological symptoms for brain mets, bleeding or obstruction for GI mets, possible pulmonary symptoms for lung mets. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
1. Pain: 2. Jaundice; 3. Poor appetite and weight loss. Common symptoms but these can also be seen with a gall bladder problem. Symptoms and signs help, but do not make a diagnosis. Imaging (ultrasound, mr, ct) find things that a physical exam misses, but only a biopsy tells that it is a hepatoma, and what kind. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Mastitis: Mastitis in a non-lactating women is not common. It can be cause by normal bacteria, some forms of resistant bacteria or can be a sign of a more serious breast issue. I would strongly encourage you see a surgeon who treats breast condition to confirm that this is a simple infection. ...Read more
Depends on age: Acute vertigo is usually due to a viral infection that affects the inner ear, causing unsteadiness sensation for days to weeks. Older persons may get "benign positional postural vertigo" which is chronic for years. Tumors, trauma, vascular problems can also cause this, but are much less common. ...Read more
Some risks: Some risks are known and others are not. Prolonged estrogen exposure, family genetics, obesity, cigarette smoking, early age of first period, late age of first childbirth can be some risks. Maybe excess alcohol intake. See this site: http://ww5.Komen.Org/content.Aspx?Id=5248&terms=causes%20of%20breast%20cancer. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What do doctors not know about desmoid tumors?
- What is the most common cause of bradycardia?
- What are the most common causes of infection?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the most common cause of heart disease?
- What is the most common cause of blood in stool?
- What is the most common cause of neck pain complaints?
- What is the most common cause of down syndrome?
- What is a desmoid tumor?