Doctor insights on:
What Are The Minimum Oxygen Requirements For Copd Patients
COPD may include chronic bronchitis, emphysema, or both. Chronic bronchitis is the production of increased mucus caused by inflammation. Bronchitis is considered chronic if you cough and produce excess mucus most days for three months in a year, two years in a row. Emphysema is a disease that damages the air sacs and/or the smallest breathing tubes in the lungs. ...Read more
Low blood oxygen: At the advanced stages of copd, the lungs do not perform their function well, oxygen has a harder time crossing into the blood stream. At this point, the body is not getting enough energy, the blood oxygen level is low. Raising the amount of inhaled oxygen offsets the problem, and prolongs life. Oxygen is used at the lowest amount that would achieve the goal. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
For what reason should patients with COPD be given low flow concentration (1-2l/min) supplemental oxygen?
Depends...: Oxygen is only prescribed when the oxygen level in the body is low and only in the lowest amount needed to maintain the oxygen level at an acceptable level. Oxygen must be carefully prescribed by a doctor with monitoring of the patient's oxygen levels because giving too much oxygen is harmful as is not giving enough! see your doctor if you think your oxygen level is low! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
COPD: COPD patients have a persistent state of low oxygen . They need to be monitored wilt yearly Pulmonary Function Tests with DLCO. Medical management with inhalers like combivent and dulera. Self management work home pulse OX. Also therapy for nicotine addiction if present. The stress of surgery often flares COPD depending how long and what anesthesia was used. You must be careful with giving O2 ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the treatments for er patients with alcohol poisoning?
- What are the main priorities of care for a patient with esrd?
- What are the benefits of okra for a diabetic patient?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the benefits of cardio exercise for asthma patients?
- What are the typical medical requirements for a sport pilot?
- What are some of the things that cataract patient should look out for?
- What are the requirements needed for adult immunizations?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free