Doctor insights on:
What Are The Major Parts Of The Respiratory System And What Does Each Part Do
Interesting !?: Starting from the top: the lips, mouth, throat. trachea, larynx, right and left main stem bronchi, smaller bronchial passages and the tiny alveoli (where oxygen & carbon dioxide are exchanged) and the pulmonary vessels are all part of the respiratory system One of its most remarkable aspects is its ability to make speech and other sounds. There's no other like it in the animal kingdom. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Allergies: Every part. From top of ur sinuses to very last alveolus. ...Read more
Isolators: As above. You can also use facemask. ...Read more
Blood clots, very high white cell count, constant respiratory issues, numbness in parts of body, lack of circulation made my ankles black/purple?
No: Exercise, especially aerobic activities, increases & improves both cardiology & pulmonary system, rather than wearing them down. In fact, a recent study concluded that better fitness in middle-age was linked to less lung & colon cancer & cancer death later on (http://oncology.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=2203829). ...Read more
Get oxygen to blood: Respiration is the process of bringing oxygen into the lungs and exhaling carbon dioxide out of them. Once inside the lungs, the oxygen crosses cell membranes to get into the blood stream. The blood circulates the oxygen to the rest of the body including the brain which cannot function without it. Carbon dioxide is the waste product of well functioning cells and is also carried back by the blood. ...Read more
Many tests: Depending on the symptom, there are several tests to evaluate the respiratory system. A chest xray can be very instructive initially on lung structure. Pulmonary function tests (pft) tests different functional parts of the respiratory system. A chest ct can look more carefully at the tissue, blood vessels, and airways of the lung and chest. Sometimes, cardiopulmonary stress testing is helpful. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does each part do in the respiratory system?
- What are the major parts of the cardiovascular system?
- What are some diseases and disorders of the respiratory system?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does the respiratory system do for the body?
- Treatment for dry, itchy corners of the eyes
- What does it mean if i have pain in the left part of my back where my ribs are?
- What do the circulatory system and the respiratory system have in common?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free