Doctor insights on:
What Are The Main Symptoms Of Compression Fracture
This is usually used in describing vertebral fx tho any bone can b fx by a compressive force as in fingers in a door. Spine is the usual. Can b from a fall, mva or in the osteoporotic by a sneeze or cough. The force downward on a vertebra exceeds its strength 2 resist $ & it collapses on itself. Measured by loss of height. There can b many more complicated types, these above ...Read more
Radiologic: Diagnosis of compression fx starts with plain spine x-rays. If DX is uncertain or suspicious for pathologic fx (bone infiltrated by tumor of any kind, including malignancies), then further imaging is required, such as ct, mri, bone scan, pet scan. These decisions must be made by the diagnostician involved. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
Is it broken or fractured is a question I am often asked. The answer is basically that a broken or fractured bone is the same thing. A fracture means a break in the cortex or the strong layer of outer bone cells. In an adult the average time for that to heal varies greatly but is often considered to ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Thoracic compression fracture symptoms
- L1 compression fracture symptoms
- T12 compression fracture symptoms
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the main symptoms of hiv?
- What are the main symptoms of pregnancy?
- What are the main symptoms of endometritis?
- What are the main symptoms of appendicitis?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free