Doctor insights on:
What Are The Main Symptoms Of Appendicitis
Appendicitis is inflammation of the appendix which is a finger-shaped pouch that projects off of the colon. It causes right lower quadrant pain that radiates and becomes worse over time. Common symptoms are abdominal pain localizing to the right lower quadrant, nausea or vomiting, and loss of appetite. Appendicitis is treated with IV fluids + antibiotics and appendectomy (surgical removal of the appendix) either as an ...Read more
RLQ pain: Most appendicitis is caused by a blockage of the lumen of the appendix. Common causes are fecoliths (small pieces of stool, ) enlarged lymph within the organ, even tumor. The usual presentation is a vague pain in mid abdomen that moves to settle in right lower quadrant, associated with nausea, loss of appetite, and fever. Not diarrhea. Peaks to rupture in 24-72 hrs.Seek attention. Good luck. ...Read more
Abdominal pain: Abdominal pain that starts in the center of your abdomen and moves down to your right lower quadrant is "classic" for appendicitis. Unfortunately, appendicitis rarely presents classically. Sometimes it is accompanied with a fever and nausea, but not always. You have to have abdominal pain to have appendicitis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Appetite gone: Early is generally within the first 24 hours. Losing your appetite and a dull ache around the middle of the abdomen can happen. Sometimes nausea, vomiting or fever can happen early. Even pain of the right lower abdomen can happen early. The inflammed appendix may cause irritation of colon and bladder causing you to have diarrhea or frequent urination. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the symptoms of an appendicitis?
- What are the first symptoms of appendicitis?
- What are the symptoms of appendicitis in women?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the symptoms of appendicitis in children?
- What are the symptoms of appendicitis in adults?
- What are the symptoms of appendicitis in babies?
- What are the main symptoms of hiv?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free