Doctor insights on:
What Are The Kinds Of Things You Can Do To Avoid Heel Fracture
Nothing: A true heel fracture (calcaneal fracture) is relatively rare, in terms of overall foot/ankle fractures. Most commonly, they occur after a fall from height (ladder, or jumping from height of 5-6') or car accident. Is this the type of injury you meant? They are quite painful and very serious injuries which should be evaluated immediately. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
X-ray: Only way to be sure is x-ray. Depending on history and exam, doctor will order to differentiate between soft tissue and bone as pain source. Common cause of non-traumatic pain is plantar fasciitis, which can be make pretty awful first few steps of the morning. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
See specialist: Depending on the fracture pattern (determined with x-rays and often ct scan, a hell (calcaneus) fracture may do well treated without surgery or may be better treated surgically. See an orthopaedic foot and ankle specialist or orthopaedic traumatologist with an interest in these injuries for evaluation. The "learning curve" for surgical treatment of these injuries is at least 50. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Broken bone is also known as Fracture. A bone fracture is a condition in which there is a break in the bone. It can be caused by a high force injury or it may result from a previous medical condition that involves weakening of the bone. Common symptoms include severe pain, swelling of the surrounding ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the kinds of things you can do to avoid degenerative joint disease?
- What are the kinds of things you can do to avoid carotid cavernous fistula?
- What are the kinds of things you can do to avoid pancreatic cancer?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can you do to stop itching in the hand if you have a fracture?
- What can you do to relieve the discomfort of a pulled tendon in your finger?
- What kind of exercises can i do to keep my leg strong with a fractured tibia?
- What kind of stretches can i do to stretch out my sciatica nerve in the morning?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free