Doctor insights on:
What Are The Kinds Of Things You Can Do To Avoid Carotid Cavernous Fistula
Protect your head: A carotid cavernous fistula is an abnormal connection between the carotid artery (or one of its branches) and the venous system of the cavernous sinus draining the skull. It may form spontaneously or following trauma to the head. Wearing a helmet to prevent head trauma is a good way to avoid a carotid cavernous sinus fistulas. It is hard to prevent/avoid a spontaneous fistulas. ...Read more
A fistula is an abnormal connection between two places. Most commonly, it originates somewhere in the intestine and communicates to another location in the intestine or in the skin. A fistula can develop after abdominal surgery, with inflammatory bowel disease, cancer, anorectal abscess, and ...Read more
Neurosurgeon: This is a direct connection between the carotid artery and the low pressure venous system in the cavernous sinus. It can cause significant dysfunction of cranial nerves, cause swelling of veins in the upper face and eye surface, and is in fact very dangerous and requires immediate attention from a neurosurgeon to prevent permanent damage or even death. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Link artery to vein: The carotid artery, the main supply to the head, can establish a direct connection to the veins in the cavernous sinus lead to pronounced elevation of pressure in the veins which will dilate throughout the front of the head and can lead to a deadly leak. If you suspect this you need to see your doctor immediately (or an er) to get treatment. ...Read more
Eyes and brain: Carotid cavernous fistula is usually a condition of trauma where the carotid artery becomes slightly torn in the cavernous sinus and allows arterial flow to occur into the veins of the cavernous sinus creating a high flow state to an area that normally handles low venous pressure. These require treatment and often are seen with bulging eyes and bruits in the eyes. ...Read more
I live in a college town with many healers who use Asian treatments. Will they work on carotid cavernous fistula?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What kind of doctors treat a carotid cavernous fistula?
- What are the kinds of things you can do to avoid heel fracture?
- What are the kinds of things you can do to avoid pancreatic cancer?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for carotid cavernous fistula?
- What kind of things can you drink if you are having a colonoscopy?
- What kinds of exercises can you do if you have lower back problems?
- What kind of exercises can you do to make your calves thinner?
- Talk to a cardiologist online