Doctor insights on:
What Are The Health Risks Associated With Excessive Exercise By A Preteen Girl
Depends: The adolescent athlete in general is more prone to injuries of the growth cartilage with respect to the musculoskeletal system. Excessive endurance exercise can disturb the hormonal balance leading to menstrual irregularities. It is key to get proper rest, hydration and nutrition during periods of intense exercise to hopefully prevent any imbalances from occurring. ...Read more
Exercise Or Physical Activity (Definition)
Exercise is a physical activity that is completed to maintain or improve health. Benefits of exercise include weight maintenance, improving mood, increasing energy, preventing or controlling chronic diseases, promoting better sleeping, and improving sex life and libido. ...Read more
How to refrain from relapsing into anorexic patterns if skipping meals and excessive exercise especially? I feel a serious relapse coming on. Scared.
For one thing rests: Without knowing what part of the foot is hurting hard to comment. ...Read more
Rest: Ice Elevate Take it easy on your next work out ...Read more
Serious: There is essential criteria to diagnose anorexia nervosa , usually patient can be very thin, they think they are overweight--they have body image distortion-this affect their body systems if doctor diagnose her , therapy is long include social, councelling, nutritional, include hospitalization ask the doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How do I find out if I have rhabdomyolysis? I have continual decreased kidney function and low egfr 55. Could excessive exercise be the cause?
Not likely: Rhabdomyolysis is a very specific condition associate with severe muscle pain or weakness leading to release of muscle protein in the blood stream so as to essentially clog the kidney channels. It causes acute kidney failure with brown urine and usally requires dialysis support or high rate IV fluids. It does not happen in a slow fashion with progressive damage. A blood test called CPK is high. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What health risks are associated with obesity?
- What are the risks associated with amniocentesis?
- What are the risks associated with a subchorionic hematoma?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the risks associated with baby bottle tooth decay?
- What is the risk associated with using cocaine in early pregnancy?
- What are the pregnancy risks associated with being an older mom?
- What are the risks associated with eating unsafe foods in pregnancy?
- Talk to a pediatrician online