Doctor insights on:
What Are The Health Risks Associated With Excessive Exercise By A Preteen Girl
Depends: The adolescent athlete in general is more prone to injuries of the growth cartilage with respect to the musculoskeletal system. Excessive endurance exercise can disturb the hormonal balance leading to menstrual irregularities. It is key to get proper rest, hydration and nutrition during periods of intense exercise to hopefully prevent any imbalances from occurring. ...Read more
Exercise causing inj: Exercise that is causing overuse injury or fatigue that you don't recover from in a normal fashion. Usually as you train you get in better shape and can do more exercise but you need recovery time between workouts or you will break down and you need to make sure you eat enough to provide energy for the exercise. ...Read more
I've been ttc for 9mo. And want to start doing cross fit. Worried about "excessive" exercise affecting my fertility what is ment by excessive exercise?
Inexact term: You are right, "excessive" is not a medical term and is too vague to be helpful. I suggest anyway that crossfit is more intense than ideal for ttc. There are many healthy, fun exercise programs you can do while ttc; crossfit and 'boot camp' type programs may be a little much. Just an opinion. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How to refrain from relapsing into anorexic patterns if skipping meals and excessive exercise especially? I feel a serious relapse coming on. Scared.
How do I find out if I have rhabdomyolysis? I have continual decreased kidney function and low egfr 55. Could excessive exercise be the cause?
Not likely: Rhabdomyolysis is a very specific condition associate with severe muscle pain or weakness leading to release of muscle protein in the blood stream so as to essentially clog the kidney channels. It causes acute kidney failure with brown urine and usally requires dialysis support or high rate IV fluids. It does not happen in a slow fashion with progressive damage. A blood test called CPK is high. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the risks associated with a subchorionic hematoma?
- What are the risks of turning a baby that is breech with a anterior placenta?
- What are the risks of riding rollercoasters for a person with pacemaker?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- High altitudes and pregnancy
- What are the pregnancy risks in a woman with spondylolisthesis?
- What are the risks associated with oral sex and how large are they?
- What are the risks associated with getting postural hypotension in the eye?
- Talk to a pediatrician online