Doctor insights on:
What Are The Health Benefits Of Toor Dal
Folic acid, proteins: Toor dal (yellow lentil) is a legume containing plant protein, reportedly comparable to poultry, meat or fish, but low-fat and low cholesterol. It also provides complex carbohydrates, fiber and folic acid. During cooking, saponins form a sudsy foam on the surface of the pot, which should be removed, as it prevents protein digestion and results in gas. ...Read more
Glad you asked!: To get the benefits you need pure dark chocolate. Cacao contains phenylethylamine (amphetimine-like effect) theobromine(jitter-free stimulant that is toxic to domestic animals) epicatechin (antioxidant - strengthen cell membranes) and polyphenols-anti-inflammatory enzymes) so a positive effect on blood pressure, digestion and glucose metabolism. But high in calories, most candy bars won't do this. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Fiber, Iron Vit C: Better Iron Absorption Plus More Antioxidant Protection from Vitamin C Fiber for Regularity, Lower Cholesterol, & Intestinal Protection They are also low in calories, and normalize blood sugar due to their high fiber content. They are an excellent part of a weight loss program because of the low calories, high fiber, and nutrients ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the health benefits of gooseberries?
- What are the health benefits of calcium?
- What are the health benefits of beets?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the health benefits of pomegranates?
- What are the health benefits of serotonin?
- What are the health benefits of corn?
- What are the health benefits of codonopsis?
- What are the health benefits of eating moong dal with basmati rice?