Doctor insights on:
What Are The Fibrous Strands Connecting The Av Valves To The Myocardium Called
A valve is a structure that regulates the direction of flow. The heart is a special kind of pump. It moves blood by squeezing and relaxing. There are 4 chambers and each chamber has a valve. This keeps blood from moving backwards when the heart squeezes. When a chamber squeezes it lets the blood move forward but when the chamber is relaxed it prevents the blood from ...Read more
What type of tissue comprises the bulk of the myocardium? Is this different than other parts of the heart?
No : Not to my knowledge. At least not in a way that is clinically apparent or likely to cause symptoms. ...Read more
Time: Stunned myocardium implies a short-term injury to the heart resulting in decreased function of the heart which recovers in 10-14 days. Hibernating myocardium implies a chronically decreased blood supply to the heart which results in poor heart function. Unlike stunned myocardium, the heart function in hibernating myocardium will not improve until the blood supply is repaired. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What does 'small inferior apical wall defect demonstrating reversibility affecting less then 5% of the total myocardium' mean?
EF 37%: EF 37% indicates significant left ventricular dysfunction. Depending on the cause and the treatment, it can sometimes improve. We have various forms of treatment depending on what is causing the abnormality. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the symptoms if my tooth infection has spread to my brain?
- What are the causes of left arm pain radiating down to hand?
- What are the best foods to eat to help get over laryngitis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the best ways to treat a deep muscle bruise?
- What are some over-the-counter things i can buy to get pregnant?
- What are the homeopathic medicines used to increase stamina and endurance?
- What are the positive and negative affects to using maca root?
- Talk to a cardiologist online