Doctor insights on:
What Are The End Life Symptoms Of Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis
How will I know that my mum has only a few weeks/ days before she dies? She's 64yrs old and is in late stages of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis .
Sorry: sorry to hear that. It is a very bad disease with loss of lung function. being what ultimately causes someone in that situation to die. (transplant ?). Not able to keep the oxygen up, or accumulation of fluid behind the lungs, or a cold/upper respiratory infection, or not being able to breathe out the bad air. With all but the last, not being able to breathe is the bad sign. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
CT or biopsy: The "gold standard" test for idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis is a lung biopsy, usually via lung surgery. But, nowadays, ct scan has gotten very good at diagnosing ipf, and sometimes this is enough. But, usually, lung biopsy is required to make a diagnosis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Scarring...: Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis means that there is scarring of the lungs and the underlying reason for the scarring is not known. It is typically a slowly progressive disease, typically over years. At the final stages, consideration of a lung transplant can be made so avoid smoking to insure that you would be a candidate, if it progresses to that stage. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- End life symptoms pulmonary fibrosis
- End stage idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis
- Pulmonary fibrosis end of life
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis life expectancy
- What is idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis?
- Pulmonary fibrosis end stage symptoms
- What are the end stages of pulmonary fibrosis?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free