Doctor insights on:
What Are The Effects On Your Body Of Donating Blood
Temporary changes: Blood donation will temporarily reduce the amount of blood cells in your body.Half or more of that blood is water, so a drink or two replaces the volume while your system creates new cells to replace what you gave away.People usually make 1-2% of new cells daily to replace old cells that wear out.Your system will replace the old & donated with little effect on you & you can do it again in 6wks. ...Read more
Alcohol test after blood donation. Does, alcohol test by exhalation valid, 7 hours after donating blood?
Likely : Concentration in serum. Red cells are incidental. ...Read more
I am thinking of donating blood very soon, but I have smoked weed within the past month, am i still able to donate?
"save lives by donating blood 3 times a year." is it safe to donate blood 3 times a year? I want to donate blood but i'm not sure if it'll affect me.
Few if healthy: I am assuming the message reads 'disadvantage'. If so then the disadvantages are: mild pain at the needle site, volume loss replaceable with oral fluids; iron loss replaceable with oral iron supplements. It is the 'gift of life' for the recipients. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it good for your body to donate blood?
- Is donating blood good for your body?
- Donating blood side effects
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Side effects after donating blood
- What not to do after donating blood?
- What to expect after donating blood?
- How is donating blood good for your health?
- Talk to a transfusion specialist online for free