Doctor insights on:
What Are The Effects Of Women Having Low Testosterone
What would cause high androsterone and high androstanediol but low testosterone in a woman in her thirties?
Similar to men: Aside from erectile dysfunction, women can experience the same symptoms of low testosterone as men, eg loss of sex drive (libido), loss of muscle, increase in fat, loss of bone strength (density), depression, cognitive dysfunction, etc. Currently, we don't have fda approved treatments although off-label use of testosterone has demonstrated remarkable benefits in individuals under close supervision. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See answer: While doctors are increasingly aware of the benefits of testosterone (t) therapy for t-deficient men, evidence that women also become testosterone deficient is largely ignored. More and more evidence is coming forth suggesting that t is an important hormone as well for women, especially in terms of staying fit, lean, and sexually active. Lack of knowledge and concerns over safety likely 2 continue. ...Read more
Low libido: But this is reversible with low dose testosterone supplementation ...Read more
Sensitive subject: Testosterone, when in normal levels plays an important role by helping women to feel and look smarter, younger, stronger, and improve female sexual function. Low testosterone in women often misdiagnosed with anxiety and/or depression. You also should know that replacing testosterone in women is controversial and it's not approved by the fda. ...Read more
I am a 34 year old woman and some recent blood tests reveled very low testosterone (<3 ng/dl). Can this still be normal for a woman?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the causes of very low testosterone in women?
- What are causes and effects of low testosterone and boosters?
- Low testosterone hypothyroidism in women
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Effects of testosterone on women
- The effects of women taking testosterone
- Effects of high testosterone in women
- The effects of testosterone gel on women
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free