Doctor insights on:
What Are The Effects Of Amphetamines
Amphetamine: Amphetamines are generally quite well-tolerated in most patients. Therapeutic effects include improved attention and ability to focus. Adverse events can vary somewhat between children and adults. These can include nervousness, insomnia, , loss of appetite, abdominal pain, weight loss during prolonged therapy, and an increase in heart rate may occur. ...Read more
A psychostimulant, controlled drug schedule ii, with abuse potential. It acts to enhance Dopamine and norepinephrine in the body, including the brain. It can decrease appetite- was used as a diet pill, treat narcolepsy and adhd, pathological fatigue, sea sickness. Derived from ...Read more
See below: All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most common side effects persist or become bothersome when using amphetamine/dextroamphetamine: constipation; diarrhea; dizziness; dry mouth; headache; loss of appetite; nausea; nervousness; restlessness; stomach pain or upset; trouble sleeping; unpleasant taste; vomiting;. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Stimulants: Both amphetamines and Cocaine may have similar effects causing increased alertness, increase in heart rate and blood pressure, insomnia and decrease in appetite. When either substance loses effect, the individual may experience fatigue, irritability. An important difference is that Cocaine is habit forming and usually causes a need to increase the dose over time to get the same effect. ...Read more
Amphetamine abuse: Health risks of amphetamine abuse include hypertension, tachycardia, heart disease, increased risk of stroke from intracerebral bleed, and death. If you just look at the mental health realm: psychosis, paranoia, depression, suicidal behavior, violence, delusions, hallucinations. ...Read more
Amphetamines: Any medication is bad if it is abused. If amphetamines are used as prescribed they are safe and very effective. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the side effects of amphetamines?
- What are the negative side effects of swallowing semen?
- What are the long term effects of taking miralax?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the effects of marijuana smoke on babies?
- What are the effects of drinking alcohol while taking thyroid medicine?
- What are the emotional effects of birth control plan b?
- What are the effects of excessive crying when grieving?
- Talk to an addiction specialist online for free